Thursday, March 19, 2009

Tubey FO Pics

Pattern: Tubey
Yarn: Knit Picks Swish Worsted, Marine Heather (10 skeins)
Needles: Us 5 and US 7
Notes: Added bust short rows, length, hems on sleeves, and
increased 5 sts at each tube end before closing for the
sleeves (CO for S and increased to M).
This is a fun, easy pattern to knit! There are more details on my Ravelry project page if you're interested. FYI: You'll notice that in one picture there is text. If you enlarge the picture, you'll see I labeled my bust short rows. When I added 8 sets of short rows, I did the first 4 with the Japanese method and the remaining 4 with the yarnover method. Clearly, I do the Japanese short rows better!
For the sleeve hems, I used a trick I learned with the Henley Perfected pattern: After the purl round, I knit a round TBL. That gives the ridge a flatter, more long-tail-type look and folds nicely. Next I switched to smaller needles for the inside of the hem. Leaving my live stitches on the needles, I sewed the hem to the inside.
That's it :-)



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Robin said...

Love the sweater shape and color - it is perfect for you. Can't wait to see it in person.