Thursday, March 19, 2009

My Last Winter Project Is Done

Tubey is finished and drying. No pics just yet. It's my last winter knit, and I love how it turned out! This pattern, with a few tweaks and additions, is perfect for my shape. I have narrow, rounded shoulders and short arms. So the arm tube makes my shoulders appear broader and less rounded (i.e., slimmer), the neckline is flattering, and the bell sleeves create the illusion of longer arms. Really, I only tweaked and added things to customize the size and fit to me. The only modification that would apply across all sizes was adding short rows to the bust. Even flat-chested knitters would have to add short rows in front to make up for the 3-4 inch difference between the front and back when beginning the body tube. Not a biggie since I add short rows to almost every pattern anyway.

My favorite type of sweater is one that flatters and is comfortable. Tubey will be worn a lot, I guarantee. I'd love to make more Tubeys in the future, and I really mean that. Now that Tubey is done, I've finally used up the last of my birthday yarn. Over the last 7-8 months I've made Central Park Hoodie, Tangled Yoke Cardigan, and now Tubey. Yay for yarn gift certificates!

Have you seen the new colors and yarns on Knit Picks? When I saw the new colors of Crayon, I thought the dark brown, Teddy, could be used either by itself or with the lighter brown to make an adorable teddy bear. I have Harry Bear favorited on Ravelry. While Marie focuses more on role play and pretend, my son Ian is the snuggler when it comes to stuffed animals. I bet he'd love a teddy bear made from Crayon. Hmm, I'll have to up that pattern on my queue...

I'm really looking forward, as always, to knit night. Very much so this week. The last couple of days, I've been lounging around in pajamas or workout clothes due to a cold and not much sleep (due to the cold). I felt better yesterday and was even able to enjoy knitting the last few inches of my Tubey. So for knit night, I plan on getting dressed up in my Tubey sweater and Pomatomus socks with a little makeup on to lift my spirits. I'm not sure what I'm bringing to knit. Either socks or old projects to frog. My plan is to knit Bella Paquita by Marnie MacLean and Wright by Berroco with frogged yarn. See you soon, ladies of Gahanna Knit Nite!

Someone on Ravelry hyperlinked a picture slideshow of Natasha Richardson. The very first picture, which is of her mother helping her knit, is beautiful. What a tragic loss.

No comments: