Saturday, March 07, 2009

Favorite Panini Sandwich and Other Reminiscences

Could they PLEASE build a Jason's Deli here in Columbus! Several months ago after traveling through Raleigh and Atlanta, I saved this picture from a menu because it's my favorite sandwich EVER: the Smokey Jack Panini. A panini sandwich with smoked turkey, pepper-jack cheese, tomatoes, olive oil, French bread, and most importantly, a Russian dressing and guacamole spread. I will be sure to eat this when I go to Raleigh in May. See edit added below!

Other foods or restaurants I wish I could've brought with me back to Ohio? Milton's. Definitely Milton's. They have the best Sunday Italian brunch, best salad bar, best eggplant parmigiano, and the best sweet tea. I'd also bring any of the salad buffet restaurants, too. There are no salad places here in Ohio (as far as I know). I'd gladly welcome Sweet Tomatoes or Souper Salad!

Just sayin' (sigh). I lived in Raleigh long enough to miss parts of it. Hopefully, we'll hit all the old spots near and dear to us while in town for a wedding. I know I'll be hitting my old running trail around Lake Lynn!

ETA: GAH! !!!!!!!!There's a Jason's Deli opening at 225 W. Bridge St in Dublin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Here's a link with a map and address. Here's the menu. Check it out! :-) Oh boy, I'm SO there this weekend. A small dream fulfilled. Pinch me! Smokey Jack and free ice cream, here I come. BTW, it's a kid-friendly place and offers some healthy and vegan choices.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Bean Counting Knitter said...

MMM I will have to check this out!