Tuesday, May 16, 2006

My Take on American Idol Performances

Fantasia Summertime

More on Grouper.com


Click on play (it might take a couple times) to hear Fantasia Barrino sing Summertime. It's one of my favorite American Idol performances. Read on to see what made me put this video in my post.OK. Here's my score for each contestant out of 3 points (since they sang 3 songs each): Taylor 3, Kat and Elliot 1 each. Though Kat and Elliot have better singing chops, Taylor was consistently good on all three performances. Kat did the best on Over the Rainbow, while Elliot did the best on... oh, crap. I forget which song I liked the best of his - love 'em to pieces and think he's got talent, but would never listen to his style of music. Maybe that's why I forget. Kat oversang the first and last of her songs, but finally pulled off a pleasantly restrained performance on the second song. She didn't quite give me chills like Fantasia did with Summertime, though. In the spirit of American Idol coming down to the final two contestants and just to reminisce, I added the video of Fantasia singing it... Man, I wish Chris were still in it! He was on my list as being in the final two. Although, not winning is probably better for his immediate career if he wants to continue the rock or alternative route. Anyway, I unfortunately think that Elliot, bless his heart, will go home tomorrow night. Or Kat? Who knows...

No knitting progress today: getting over a bad headache. There MUST be a low pressure system moving this way since I feel like a human barometer. I took some Excedrin, which is beginning to work. So, maybe I'll squeeze in a little bit 'o knit tonight. I need to go out and buy the new Interweave Knits magazine. There are so many pretty patterns in it!

3 comments:

Barbara said...

Wow -- great blog! It nice to see all your work. You are a wonderful knitter. I appreciate all the knitting help that you have given me.

Nik said...

it's about time you got a blog ! you do such great work that you NEED to show it off.

Saun said...

Welcome to bloglandia. It's going to be great reading your blog. Your picovoli looks great.