Thursday, May 11, 2006

Introduction
Hello! Welcome to my knitting blog! This is my first time doing this, so I hope I get better as time goes on. Anyway, I thought I should get the formal introductions out of the way...

My name is Jackie. I'm a thirtysomething SAHM who loves knitting. 'Got into it again after a couple of decades off, thanks to
knittinghelp.com and becoming a mom. I'm self-taught from books and the internet and have been knitting since Fall 2004. I'd describe my skill level as intermediate. 'Know all the basic stuff and how to read pretty much any pattern. I can tweak patterns as necessary and have dabbled in design (a toddler shrug pattern). But, I still have much to learn and many ideas and questions. I hope that you enjoy sharing in my knitting journey!

Outside of knitting, I am a musician, mathematician, off/on runner, and book lover. I've played the piano since I was five or six. I played the flute from 5th - 12th grade and the alto horn in my college marching band. I have a BS in Mathematics, and I also have my teaching license via a lateral entry education program. I taught high school math for four years, but am currently staying at home with my daughter until??? I run off and on. Since becoming a mom, there's only a narrow window of time in which I can run: before dinner but after my hubby gets home from work. I'll have to talk more about that and other running topics later... I love to read - always have. Currently, I'm re-reading the LOTR The Fellowship of the Ring. I go through phases where I feel that I HAVE to re-read the LOTR and the Harry Potter series.

There are many other things about myself that I could divulge, but I'll restrain myself! After all, this is just an introduction. 'Don't want to get ahead of myself!

No comments: