Sunday, May 21, 2006


Marie and Jared at Artsplosure! Doesn't she look cute in her glamorous little tank?!
Posted by Picasa


Here's another shot of Marie in her new sparkly tank.
Posted by Picasa

Today I finished Marie's Short Snort Tank - yay!! If you're interested, the knitting specs are at the end of the post. I used a ladder yarn that my husband thinks looks like Fruity Pebbles. Knitting with it was tricky for the first few rounds, but after that it was a piece of cake. You have to accept the weird texture of this yarn and just go with the flow. The bottom rounds are in 2x2 rib, then the rest is in stockinette stitch. It took going to Michael's, AC Moore, JoAnn Fabrics, and finally WalMart before I finally found a metal O ring to use for the tank front. At least I was rewarded for my long search: I paid only 26 cents for the ring! I have 2 more skeins of this yarn, but in a different color: lagoon. I'll probably make another short snort tank or a variation of it.


Since I had all but the straps secured last night, I began the Kidlet Tank pattern. It's another tank that has 2x2 ribbing at the bottom and the rest in stockinette stitch, but the top is different: the straps are made using I-cord and are straight over the shoulder. I chose to use Bernat cottontots in sunshine, a soft light yellow. This yarn reminds me of my favorite blankie when I was a child!

Here are the details for the Short Snort Tank
Pattern: Short Snort Tank by Wendy at Knit and Tonic
Yarn: KnitPicks Sparkles in Sunset (substitute yarn)
Needles: US 7 16" circular (different from pattern)
Gauge: 5 sts=1 in

I adjusted the pattern by casting on only 100 sts, since it needed to fit my daughter and be a mutiple of 4. All other directions were followed for the smallest size, with the exception of the number of sts in the front/back when BO at the underarms. I BO 6 sts at each underarm (same as pattern) and knit 44 sts each in the front/back. I followed the pattern shaping and number of BO sts at the front/back. I used a 2" diameter O ring. Since they only cost 26 cents, I bought more than one for future tanks!

No comments: