Friday, August 18, 2006

Oh, Clap-ola!

I got about 3 repeats into the center section on Clapotis and realized that, despite purchasing a 4th hank of yarn, I won't have enough to complete the pattern as written. Darn it! Or rather, "ribbit!" I frogged back about 4 ladders in to make the scarf less wide. I can sacrifice width for length when it comes to scarves. Since frogging, I've progressed to the center section again. The next time I make this, I'm going for lighter weight yarn. The Rio yarn is classified as 4-5 spi, but looking at it and knitting it, I'd compare it to a bulky weight yarn. It's a thick/thin yarn with the majority of it being thick. I love how soft it is. Before frogging, I got to feel what the ladders are like - so airy! Looking forward to dropping more stitches - it's fun!

1 comment:

Becka said...

Sorry about the yarn dealie.
I had completely forgotten that I had the same problem, or I would have told you about it. Now that you mention is...lots of knitters had the same problem with running out of yarn.
Can't wait to see your FO.