Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Lacy Baby Shrug (Nearly) Complete

Per the pattern, I have completed the lacy baby shrug from the July 2006 Creative Knitting Magazine. However, I would like to add a crochet edge to the bottom back to compensate for the tugging in of the 3-needle BO seam that runs down the center.

The shrug is too big totally due to the fact that I ignored the pattern gauge... The pattern says "baby weight cotton blend yarn" and uses US 3 needles. So I assumed that meant a light sport/heavy fingering weight yarn and therefore bought Shine Sport from Knit Picks. However, the pattern gauge reads 10 spi. Looking back, it makes sense that a lighter weight yarn should've been used because there's a lot of 1x1 rib. I made the 18 months size, but it turned out to fit a two- to possibly four-year-old. At first, I thought that I might give this shrug to an older child. But, now I'm not so sure because it took forever to make the ruffle, and it looks too darn cute on Marie!

Since Blogger is having troubles, I will post pictures later in a separate post.

No comments: