Saturday, August 05, 2006

Calla FO pics

I present to you Calla.





















I finished her Friday afternoon and wore her unblocked out to dinner, ice cream, and a stroll. Very comfy!! Oh, and yes, I wore a camisole underneath. ;) Most people shop for camisoles after or while purchasing a top. Not me in this case: I bought the camisole first and later chose to knit Calla to layer over it to hide the smuggled raisins. I used TLC Cotton Plus, which I love for both the softness and repetitive machine washability. You might be wondering if the yarn was too hot to wear outdoors? Well, yesterday was the first day of relief for us Ohioans, and this tank worked out perfectly for the beautiful upper-80's weather we had. It sure was nice to be outdoors for a change! This is my last exclusively summer project.

Now, back to the lacy baby shrug and Sunset Pullover... I've been mulling over what to knit and when this fall. Besides the usual sweaters, I'm interested in making a KnitKit bag/tote/purse and felted clogs. There's also Christmas to consider... Between finishing my two OTNs projects and beginning my fall projects, I'm going to make The Somewhat Cowl. I've had the yarn for this for most of the summer. With the yarn being an alpaca/tencel blend, this is the perfect time to knit it in preparation for the late summer/early fall weather.

My mind has really been on Clapotis and also some scarf and shawl projects from Scarf Style. Have you seen the beautiful Ene's Scarf made by Rachel at Lickety Knit?! She used Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in the Sand Ridge colorway.

1 comment: