So, here it is: the Lotus Blossom Tank, finally finished! The neckline edging was completed last night, after which I washed the tank in Woolite. It has been drying ever since on a covered ironing board. When I first wear it, I'll be sure to take pics.
I've been documenting my modifications all along. But, I thought I'd do a final summary. I made the 39" size, but did 5 repeats of the lace pattern and 4 inches of stockinette. After separating the front and back, I gradually reduced my total stitches down to the 33.75" size prior to the purl ridge rows in front (here's how). On the back, I reduced evenly on the same rows. Once I had the same number of stitches as the 33.75" size, I followed those instructions for the remainder of the pattern.
I tried on LBT last night before washing and it fit well unblocked. If I had to do it all over again, I would maybe make the straps longer - perhaps the 39" size length or longer - because the XS strap length pulls the front up a little higher than where it sat prior to seaming. I hadn't thought of this, but in hindsight it makes total sense. I'd also make the stockinette an inch longer to compensate for the straps pulling the front up, although blocking might make that happen anyway. I'm very happy with the modified length and the fit. I can't wait to wear this thing!! Now I hope to make a mini version for Marie ;)