Wednesday, June 21, 2006

I'll Be Back

Tomorrow, we're heading to Ohio to look for a place to live. So, I won't be posting until we get back. Ladies at SnB, I will see you next week! 'Sorry I can't be there tomorrow night!

Knitting Update: Last night I finished the front of Lotus Blossom Tank with my planned modifications while watching the last two episodes of Alias on the computer. Before starting on the back, I tried it on: it fits just right! Yay! I finished my mods on the back and have about 5 inches to go before the shoulder shaping which uses Japanese short rows (woohoo!). I'm so glad that I was able to prevent any frogging by planning my mods way in advance. Thanks to seeing the models in Interweave Knits and reading Sarah's post, I decided to make the lace one extra repeat for my size and to make the top smaller (one size smaller, in fact). As for any mods after this... When picking up stitches for the neckline edging, I'll do some decreases along the front neckline if necessary in order to prevent any gaping. I don't want the front neckline to be loose at all.

If someone asked me which of my handknit summer tops I wear the most right now, I'd say Green Gable. Picovoli is really comfortable, but the picot edging takes extra maintenance (i.e., ironing). Green Gable doesn't wrinkle at all and I'm very pleased with the fit. My pink cable yoke sweater is made out of a wool/alpaca blend. Therefore, I can't wear it unless it's 70 degrees or less outside.

No comments: