Saturday, February 23, 2008

Roll Baby Roll!

To keep you up to speed, Ian rolled from tummy to back on Valentine's Day last Thursday. Tonight while on the floor, he rolled from back to tummy to grab a toy when I wasn't looking. One moment he's on his back, and the next he's not only on his tummy, but he's turned almost 180! I guess I'll have to put more blankets on the floor so he doesn't hit his head. He also appears to (maybe) be getting his bottom two front teeth. His drooling, hand biting, and his gumline make me think so. He sleeps so well at night, though, so it might not be that soon for all I know... He just keeps getting bigger and bigger! He'll be 5 months on Sunday.

Marie and I are going to see Disney Princesses on Ice tomorrow. I can't wait to see what she thinks since there will be real people, not animated characters... I hope she has fun!

I went to my first knitting meetup last weekend since having a baby. It felt so nice to just sit and knit with other knitters! I need to get out more often. I cast on for the back of Henley Perfected and have just finished half of the waist shaping. I'm liking the CotLin yarn (Knit Picks). It's soft yet strong and has a nice drape to it. I like how it feels while I'm knitting. A definite keeper for future knits.

Recently, I bought a new sudoku book: Mensa Absolutely Nasty Sudoku Level 2 by Frank Longo. I'd give it 4 stars out of 5. I like that the 4-part series this book belongs to will lead to truly difficult puzzles that require the use of advanced techniques. However, the level 2 book is more for people who are just learning their first advanced techniques. I've been able to solve a majority of the puzzles using pairs, triples, and reductions. For only a few have I used X-wing, Y-wing, or higher-level techniques. I'm looking forward to books 3 and 4 because the reviews claim that I will get the chance to try many advanced techniques above and beyond X-wing. Cool : )

No comments: