Friday, September 12, 2008

Currents WIPs






Posted by Picasa
Here are my three current WIPs: My So Called Scarf (Classic Elite Miracle), Central Park Hoodie (Knit Picks WOTA), and Los Monos Locos - The Crazy Monkeys (Kraemer Saucon Sock).

I've had the Miracle yarn for two years and have cast on numerous scarves that just didn't work. Finally, I decided to choose a pattern with more structure -- that's been working!

The CPH is exciting for me because I've never made a hoodie cardigan for myself. I plan to wear it outdoors when taking the kids to the park and such. I'm hoping that the Kookaburra I recently bought softens this up a tad!

And finally... my toe-up monkeys, an adapted pattern I found on Ravelry. A lot of firsts here: first toe-up socks, first magic loop socks (I've done sleeves w/ML, but those are easy), first two-at-a-time socks, and first time using Judy Becker's Magic Cast-On (Cat Bordhi style: Cat wraps the same direction for both needles on her You Tube video -- looked different than the original, but I could be wrong.).

No comments: